Some quick facts about me:
- Born in Slovakia, lived in Bratislava
- By the time of writing this homepage, I lived about the same time in both 20th and 21st centuries
- Studied Japanese language and intercultural communication at Comenius University in Bratislava
- First came to Japan in 2004 for a one-year study program (日本語日本文化研修性) at Kyoto University
- Came back to study sociology at Kyoto University between 2007 and 2014 (MA and Ph.D. courses)
- I have many interests including photography, computers, books, snowboarding
Tell me what you read and I’ll tell you who you are
A famous quote, often associated with François Mauriac says, ” Tell me what you read and I’ll tell you who you are”. Besides reading assignments, research papers and books or newspapers, I enjoy reading other books as well. Here you can find what I have been reading recently or what I am reading right now.
However, the quote mentioned above by François Mauriac’s is actually incomplete. What he actually said about the relationship between books you read and one’s personality is this:
‘Tell me what you read and I’ll tell you who you are’ is true enough, but I’d know you better if you told me what you reread.François Mauriac
The truth is, that I actually do not re-read a lot. There are only few books I re-read and, indeed, this is something that can tell you something about myself as well.